ColorPix is a useful little color picker that grabs the pixel under your mouse and transforms it into a number of different color formats.
You can use the built-in magnifier to zoom in on your screen, click on a color value to copy it directly to the clipboard, and even keep ColorPix on top of all other apps and out of the way.
Best of all, there's nothing to install - just download the tiny app and off you go. So grab it now, it's FREE!
- » Download
Click on any of the thumbnails below to pop up a full sized screenshot:
This is the actual size of the ColorPix window. When you move your mouse over your screen the color values on the left and the color swatch on the right will change color depending on the pixel under your mouse.
ColorPix Window with Magnifier
Expanding the ColorPix window to show the magnifier lets you zoom in on your screen underneath your mouse.
You can also control the zoom percentage, up to 1600%.
- NEW! Minimize ColorPix to the system tray, and keep it out of the way until you need it.
- NEW! Set ColorPix to launch when Windows starts up.
- Click on any color value to copy it to the clipboard. Press Ctrl-C to copy the HEX color (without the '#' sign).
- Press any key to lock or unlock the current color and the magnifier.
- Click on the '+' icon to keep ColorPix on top of all running applications.
- Click on the 'Magnifier' button or press Ctrl-M to show/hide the built-in magnifying glass.